Dill seeds are originated in Central Asia. It is however is also grown in large quantity in Egypt and Mediterranean countries or Eastern Europe. It is also getting popular in North America. It’s related species Sowa is grown in India whose fruits are larger but less fragrant.
India and Pakistan are the major dill production areas, Egypt, Fiji, Mexico, Netherland, United States, England, Hungary are other commercially productive areas, making small contributions to the world production.
Dill is an annual herb native to the Central Asia, it is also widely grown in Europe and Northern Africa for its culinary and medicinal use. Dill weed, dried leaves of the same plant is also used for flavoring. It is milder in taste when compared to dill seed.
- Botanical Name : Anethum Graveolens
- English Name : Dill seeds
- Hindi Name : Soa
- Family Name : Apiaceae
- Fresh and dried dill leaves are used as herbs, mainly in Sweden, the Baltic, in Russia, and in central Asia.
- Dill seed is used as a spice.
- Dill seeds were traditionally used to soothe the stomach after meals.
- Dill oil can be extracted from the leaves, stems and seeds of the plant.
|Total ASH||9.25% Max.|
|Purity||99%,99.5% sortexed |
|Acid insuluble ASH||1.50% Max.|
|Salmonella||Absent / 25 gms.|
- Minimum Order Quantity: 10 Ton